Mattson Tomlin, Andrea Sorrentino and Jordie Bellaire team up for Batman: The Imposter, an all-new DC Black Label series coming this October.
DC announced a new Black Label series titled Batman: The Imposter, written by Mattson Tomlin and illustrated by Andrea Sorrentino.
Launching in October, this three-issue limited series will see Batman hunting down a faux-Caped Crusader. “As a lifelong Batman fan, putting my spin on Gotham City has been a dream come true,” Tomlin said. “Taking the question of ‘What if Batman was real?’ as far as narratively possible conjured incredible potential that hasn’t recently been explored in the comics. Batman: The Imposter treats Bruce Wayne and the people around him as tragically flawed and vividly real, with the obstacles Batman faces coming from a reality that closely mirrors our own.”
“Having been a fan of his for years, working with Andrea Sorrentino is an absolute gift,” he added. “His vividly graphic art and truly genius layouts brought this story to new heights, and Jordie Bellaire’s astounding color work has truly spoiled me for my first outing with DC.”
“I’ve worked on Batman as a supporting character in a couple of books, but this was the very first time I had the chance to work on a Batman title, and it was amazing,” Sorrentino said. “I’ve been a huge fan of Batman ever since I was a kid and saw Tim Burton’s Batman movie in 1989, so having the chance to work with Mattson and Jordie on this take on the Caped Crusader was like an early Christmas present!”
Batman: The Imposter #1 (of 3)
- Written by MATTSON TOMLIN
- Art and main cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
- Colors by JORDIE BELLAIRE
- Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO
- 1-in-25 “ratio” variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
- Bruce Wayne’s mission as the Batman has only been under way for a year or so, but he can tell he’s making a difference. Unfortunately, he’s made some powerful enemies. All the traditional power brokers of Gotham resent the disruption the Batman has brought to town…and it seems one of them has a plan to neutralize him. There’s a second Batman haunting Gotham’s rooftops and alleys—and this one has no qualms about murdering criminals, live and on tape.
- With the entire might of the Gotham City Police Department and Gotham’s rich and powerful coming down on his head, Batman must find this imposter and somehow clear his name…but how can you prove your innocence from behind a mask?
RELATED: Batman and Catwoman Just Split Up Again… In Fortnite
Batman: The Imposter #1, by Mattson Tomlin, Andrea Sorrentino and Jordie Bellaire, goes on sale Oct. 12 from DC.
Black Widow’s Wildest Unused Story Would’ve Made Her a Presidential Assassin
About The Author