KFC has released another make-at-home creation just in time for Christmas in July.
The Tender Christmas sandwich was created by TikToker and owner of Chebbo’s Burgers in Sydney, Chebbo and uses KFC’s popular chicken tenders as well as other festive flavours such as sage, rosemary and cranberry.
Chebbo’s Tender Christmas Sandwich recipe is the latest instalment of this year’s Kentucky Fried Cookin’ series, which sees KFC partner with Aussie chefs and foodies to make unique dishes for fans to get creative in the kitchen.
It follows Morgan Hipworth’s Popcorn Chicken Savoury Cupcakes recipe, Mitch Orr’s Zinger Katsu Curry and Dim Sim Lim’s Pimped Up Noodles.
KFC Tender Christmas Sandwich by Chebbo
- 2-3 x KFC Chicken Tenders per person
- Brioche Loaf (sliced)
- White bread (to blend)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp finely diced onions
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp cranberry jam
- Sauté onions and garlic in butter until softened
- Add rosemary and sage, stirring for 1 minute
- Add breadcrumbs and cook for 2 minutes until toasted and the butter is absorbed
- Pour in chicken stock and allow to simmer until absorbed
- Turn into patties and toast in a hot oven for 10 minutes
- To make the sauce, stir mayo and cranberry jam until combined
- Assemble your sandwich masterpiece by placing Tenders and patties between the brioche loaves
- Garnish with cranberries and sauce, so it looks good for the ‘gram
If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your .
7NEWS.com.au has not received any monetary benefit from this content.