rewrite this content and keep HTML tags
Prep Time: 40 mins + refrigeration
Cook Time: 10 mins
Watch My Kitchen Rules on Channel 7 and stream it for free on 7plus >>
300ml thickened cream
110g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
500g chilled mascarpone, lightly whisked with a fork
180ml espresso coffee
180ml coffee liqueur
1 quantity savoiardi biscuits (as below)
Sifted cocoa powder, to dust
3 eggs, separated
165g caster sugar
100g plain flour
2 tbs cornflour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbs finely grated lemon zest
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. To make savoiardi biscuits, beat egg whites with an electric mixer to form soft peaks. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until mixture is thick and glossy and sugar has dissolved. Fold in egg yolks. Fold in combined sifted flour and cornflour. Fold in vanilla essence and lemon zest.
3. Spoon or pipe batter onto prepared tray in desired shapes.
4. Dust with sifted icing sugar and set aside for 5 minutes. Dust again.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until pale golden brown and set. Cool completely on trays.
6. To make tiramisu, using an electric mixer, whisk cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks from. Add mascarpone and whisk until just combined.
7. Combine coffee and liqueur in a shallow bowl.
8. Dip savoiardi biscuits into coffee mixture and arrange over base of 8 serving glasses. Top with a third of the mascarpone cream. Repeat layering twice, finishing with a layer of the mascarpone cream.
9. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Dust with sifted cocoa to serve.
For more engaging lifestyle and entertainment content, visit 7Life on Facebook.
If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your .