NSW COVID-19 case update adds ALDI, KFC and Kmart to list of exposure sites as Sydney lockdown extended for two weeks
ALDI, Costco, KFC and Kmart are among the latest Sydney venues to be listed as COVID-19 exposure sites.
New South Wales recorded 97 new local COVID-19 cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Tuesday and at least 31 of them were circulating in the community during part or all of their infectious period.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said she was left with no choice but to extend the lockdown of Greater Sydney and surrounds by at least two weeks given the extent of COVID-19 spread in the community.
The stay-at-home provisions for people in Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, the Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour were scheduled to end on Friday but will now remain in place until at least midnight on July 30.
It means more than five million people will endure at least five weeks of lockdown. The state’s schools will also continue with online learning with parents supervising their children’s school work at home.
NSW COVID-19 exposure sites
NSW Health listed the following venues as exposure sites on Wednesday afternoon.
Anyone who attended the following venue at the times listed is a close contact and must immediately get tested and isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result:
- Rosebery, Ampol Foodary, 321 Gardeners Road, Monday 12 July , 2.30pm – 2.45pm
Anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed is a casual contact who must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received:
- Chipping Norton, Lakeland Take Away, 8/94 Epsom Road, Wednesday 7 July, 2.55pm – 3.05pm
- Wetherill Park, Priceline Wetherill Park, Stockland Wetherill Park, Polding Street, Saturday 10 July, 1pm – 2pm
- Carlton, ALDI Carlton, 74 Edward Street, Friday 9 July, 2.10pm – 3pm
- Fairfield, Elias Pharmacy, 37-41 Ware Street, Thursday 8 July, 3.30pm – 3.35pm
- Marulan North, BP Express Northbound, 15666 Hume Highway, Saturday 10 July, 5pm – 5.30pm
- Fairfield, KFC Fairfield, 352-354 The Horsley Drive, Tuesday 6 July, 3pm – 8.30pm, Saturday 10 July, 4pm – 8.30pm, Sunday 11 July, 4pm – 8.30pm
- Bondi Junction, Ezy Mart, 26 Bronte Road, Friday 9 July, 11.50am – 12.20pm
NSW Health has been notified of additional times at previously announced venues. Anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed is a casual contact who must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received:
- Casula, Costco Wholesale, 20 Parkers Farm Place, Wednesday 7 July, 12.50pm – 2pm
- Fairfield, Kmart, Fairfield Forum Shopping, 8/36 Station Street, Friday 9 July, 2.05pm – 2.15pm
- Fairfield, Fairfield Forum Pharmacy, 8/36 Station Street, Friday 9 July, 1.45pm – 2.05pm
Anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed must monitor for symptoms:
- Sydney, Paddy’s Market, Haymarket, 9-13 Hay Street, Saturday 10 July, 11.50am – 12.10pm
- Bondi Junction, Kmart, Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street, Saturday 10 July, 3pm – 3.25pm
- Bondi Junction, Harris Farm Markets, Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street, Saturday 10 July, 1.30pm – 4pm
- Bondi Junction, David Jones, Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street, Saturday 10 July, 1.10pm – 1.30pm
For a full list of COVID-19 exposure sites, visit the NSW Health website.
– with AAP