More than 25 more Sydney venues have been added to the list of COVID-19 exposure sites.
New South Wales recorded 97 new local virus cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Thursday, with at least 46 out in the community for part or all of their infectious period.
The outbreak has passed 1000 cases since its commencement on June 16.
The Australian Medical Association on Friday called for a harder NSW lockdown, including the closure of all non-essential retail and business activity. It also wanted stronger limits on travel distances from home.
But Premier Gladys Berejiklian said any new restrictions should have a clear health benefit.
“We need to make sure that any decisions we take will have the desired effect of reducing those numbers,” she told reporters.
“The worst thing we could do is put in additional measures which don’t have the desired effect … that is why it is important for us to focus on the data.”
NSW COVID-19 exposure sites
Anyone who has attended the following venues is a close contact and must get tested and isolate for 14 days since their last day at the site, regardless of the result:
- Emu Plains, Woolworths Lennox Shopping Centre, Cnr Great Western Hwy and Lawson Street, Saturday 10 July, 4pm – 4.45pm
- Liverpool, Service NSW, Shop R19/2–18 Orange Grove Road, Monday 12 July, 10am – 10.30am
- Lakemba, Al Sultan Butchery, 130 Haldon Street, Saturday 10 July, 9am – 8pm, Sunday 11 July, 1.30pm – 8pm
- Hurstville, Coles, Westfield Hurstville, Saturday 10 July, 11.40am – 12.30pm, Monday 12 July, 9.15am – 6.15pm
- Marsden Park, IKEA, 1 Hollinsworth Road, Monday 12 July, 12pm – 7.30pm, Tuesday 13 July, 12pm – 4pm
Anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed is a casual contact who must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received:
- Fairfield, KFC, 352-354 The Horsley Drive, Friday 25 June, 3.30pm – 11pm, Saturday 26 June, 3.30pm – 11pm, Tuesday 6 July, 3pm – 9pm, Saturday 10 July, 3.30pm – 11.30pm, Sunday 11 July, 9am – 8.30pm
- Greenacre, Hanson Concrete, 18-20 Bellfrog St, all day on Thursday 1 July, Friday 2 July, Saturday 3 July, Sunday 4 July, Monday 5 July, Tuesday 6 July, Wednesday 7 July
- Casula, Costco Wholesale, Crossroads Homemaker Centre, 20 Parkers Farm Place, Wednesday 7 July, 12.50pm – 4pm
- East Greenacre, Hungry Jacks, 9-11 Roberts Rd, Thursday 8 July, 7.40pm – 8.10pm
- Hurstville, Coles Hurstville, Westfield Hurstville, Thursday 8 July, 9.15am – 4pm, Tuesday 13 July, 10am – 3pm
- Canley Heights, Tobacconist and Gifts, 57 Peel Street, Sunday 11 July, 9am – 9.15am
- Belfield, BP petrol station, 53-57 Punchbowl Road, Sunday 11 July, 12.25pm – 12.45pm
- Lakemba, I-Juice Plus, 113 Haldon St, Sunday 11 July, 4.25pm – 4.40pm
- Fairfield, Coles Fairfield Forum, Station St, Sunday 11 July, 3.30pm – 3.45pm
- Fairfield, Woolworths BWS Fairfield Neeta City, 1-29 Court St, Sunday 11 July, 6pm – 6.10pm
- Prairiewood, 7-Eleven, 485-487 Smithfield Road, Tuesday 13 July, 7.45am – 7.50am
Anyone who attended the following venues at the times listed must monitor for symptoms:
- Wolli Creek, Woolworths, 78-96 Arncliffe St, Thursday 8 July, 1pm – 1.40pm
- Casula, Costco Wholesale, Crossroads Homemaker Centre, 20 Parkers Farm Place, Friday 9 July, 1.35pm – 2.10pm
- Hurstville, Woolworths, Westfield Hurstville, Cnr Park and Cross Streets, Monday 12 July, 3.05pm – 3.25pm
- Coogee, Maloney’s Grocer, 214 Coogee Bay Road, Monday 12 July, 5.35pm – 6pm
- Coogee, Woolworths Metro, Coogee Bay Village, 184-196 Coogee Bay Road, Monday 12 July, 5.40pm – 6pm
- Hurstville, Coles Hurstville Station, 225 Forest Road, Monday 12 July, 3.35pm – 3.45pm, Tuesday 13 July, 3.25pm – 3.35pm, Wednesday 14 July, 10.30am – 11am
- Revesby West, Metro Petrol, 10-12 Milperra Road, Tuesday 13 July, 5.30pm – 5.40pm
- Hurstville, Station Meat, Westfield Hurstville, 12/225 Forest Rd, Wednesday 14 July, 10am – 10.20am
- Bondi Junction, Chemist Warehouse, 133-135 Oxford St, Wednesday 14 July, 8am – 8.30am
- Bondi Junction, Coles, 500 Oxford Street, Wednesday 14 July, 8am – 8.30am
For a full list of COVID-19 exposure sites, visit the NSW Health website.
– with AAP