NSW shark attack victim shares update on his condition, encourages others to ‘hunt some tubes’

0 1

A man who was bitten by a three-metre great white shark has thanked his surgeons and encouraged people to do him a favour and “hunt some tubes”.

Joe Hoffman, 25, was surfing at Crescent Head on the NSW mid north coast on July 5 when he was attacked by a shark.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Hoffman said surgeons had done an “exceptional job” in saving his arm.

“While there’s no real way of knowing what the next 12 months of recovery will look like, I am beyond stoked and amazed at what they’ve been able to accomplish so far,” Hoffman said.

Northern NSW shark attack victim Joe Hoffman (right) has thanked surgeons for saving his arm. Credit: AAP

He said the donations and messages of support that had flowed in the past two weeks had given him the “best possible chance of rehabilitation”.

“In the meantime, do me a favour – hunt some tubes, and get some hang time out there,” he said.

Hoffman has been recovering in John Hunter Hospital after suffering a severe laceration to his bicep.

Joe Hoffman was attacked earlier this month.
Joe Hoffman was attacked earlier this month. Credit: 7NEWS/Crescent Head Santa surf

A picture posted to the Crescent Head Santa Surf Facebook page shows a large bite taken out of his surfboard.

He needed to be helped from the surf after the incident.

Crescent Head is a popular surfing spot north of Port Macquarie.

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swift Telecast is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.