Remains of second Canadian recovered from Florida condo collapse, GAC says – National

0 11

Global Affairs Canada says the remains of a second Canadian have been pulled from the rubble of a condo building that collapsed near Miami more than two weeks ago.

The government agency did not identify the deceased.

Read more:
Death toll in Surfside condo collapse climbs to 64 as more bodies found

Global Affairs says at least two more Canadians are among those unaccounted for after the Champlain Towers South condominium building in Surfside, Fla. fell on June 24.

Miami-Dade officials previously identified the first Canadian whose remains were found as 66-year-old Ingrid “Itty” Ainsworth, formerly of Montreal.


Click to play video: 'Miami-Dade Fire Rescue gives behind-the-scenes look at Surfside building emergency operation'







Miami-Dade Fire Rescue gives behind-the-scenes look at Surfside building emergency operation


Miami-Dade Fire Rescue gives behind-the-scenes look at Surfside building emergency operation

She and her Australian husband were publicly named on Wednesday after their bodies were recovered.

Story continues below advertisement

The death toll from the collapse now stands at 86, with 43 people still missing.




© 2021 The Canadian Press


Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swift Telecast is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.