SA Premier identifies third possible COVID-19 exposure site linked to infected removalists

0 0

A third possible COVID-19 exposure site, linked to virus-infected removalists, is being investigated in South Australia.

However, Premier Steven Marshall says there have been no confirmed local cases so far linked to the two sites already identified, a service station and a cafe at Tailem Bend, about 100km east of Adelaide.

Marshall says authorities are investigating a third possible site in the town.

“We don’t have confirmation of that. We’re still trying to piece together the information,” he told reporters on Wednesday.

“We’re just trying to ascertain if there was another stop in Tailem Bend. We believe it’s unlikely but we are chasing down every lead.

South Australian Premier Steven Marshall. Credit: AAP

“We’re not going to leave any stone unturned here in South Australia. We know how potentially dangerous and deadly this particular Delta strain is.”

Dozens of people have been forced into quarantine in SA after two of three removalists, who relocated a family from Sydney to McLaren Vale, tested positive for coronavirus.

So far, all of the people considered close contacts of the two men have returned negative tests.

The family of four who relocated to SA have also twice tested negative and are not showing any symptoms despite having contact with the removalists over a five-hour period earlier this month.

‘A sigh of relief’

Marshall said while all the negative tests were good news, there was still a way to go.

“It’s a sigh of relief, but obviously we know the incubation period for this disease can be 14 days and in fact in some cases, it can be even longer,” he said.

“So we’re not out of the woods.”

Marshall said South Australia was not considering any further local virus restrictions in response to the potential for local cases.

However, the state has tightened the rules for people returning from Sydney, requiring everyone to apply for a special exemption.

About 950 returned last week, but authorities hope the new rules will significantly reduce that number.

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swift Telecast is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.