T20 World Cup: ‘It’s very hard to play for over a decade and…’: Australia’s David Warner opens up on final T20 World Cup outing | Cricket News

NEW DELHI: Australian cricketer David Warner recently opened up about various aspects of his life and career in a wide-ranging conversation on the Delhi Capitals Podcast.
The veteran batsman discussed his journey with the Delhi franchise, his deep affection for India, his final World Cup appearance for Australia, and his future plans.

ALSO SEE: T20 World Cup Schedule | T20 World Cup Points Table

Warner, who became Australia’s leading T20I run-scorer during the 2024 World Cup, acknowledged the natural progression of his career, stating, “I feel great.

It’s time now to keep playing as much IPL and franchise cricket as I can. It’s very hard to play for over a decade and keep your spot. I think if we can get some young guys coming through, who have potential, Australian cricket’s going to be in good stead for the future.”
Reflecting on his long association with Delhi Capitals, Warner expressed gratitude for the franchise’s unwavering support throughout his career. “Delhi’s been a big part of my life. They gave me an opportunity when I first started. And now towards the back end of my career, I’m here as well. So I’m forever thankful,” he added.
Warner’s love for India was a recurring theme throughout the podcast. He described the country as “an organised chaos” and expressed admiration for the warmth and hospitality of its people.

“When I first came to Delhi, I had guys like AB de Villiers, Glenn McGrath, Paul Collingwood, Daniel Vettori and Andrew McDonald, who’s now my Australian coach. Those guys were telling me all about what it’s like to be on the road, especially when you’ve got family, when you don’t have family, coping mechanisms, they’re the biggest things when it comes to what you do every day, how to deal with your work, how do you balance work life,” recalled Warner.
When asked about his preference among popular Indian films like Baahubali, Pushpa, and KGF, Warner admitted to finding it difficult to choose a favourite, praising the exceptional performances and captivating storylines of all three movies.
“So for me, I started embracing India the first time I came for the IPL because I knew that if I played well, I could be here for a long time. What I didn’t realise is how big India is. I love people, it’s incredible. Like here, no one says no, and everything is possible. You can give some of the most impossible tasks, and they’ll make it happen. And I’m just like, it’s crazy,” he explained.
(Inputs from ANI)

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swift Telecast is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – swifttelecast.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment