Tragic new details of NSW COVID-19 victim Aude Alaskar’s final moments after his death in Sydney

0 5

New details have emerged after a 27-year-old man with no underlying health conditions became Sydney’s youngest COVID victim in the current outbreak.

Aude Alaskar had been isolating at his Liverpool home for 13 days after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

Watch his neighbours recall the ‘commotion’ in the video player above

He had been in regular contact with nursing staff and had complained of feeling “a little fatigued”.

But on Tuesday, his condition deteriorated and he collapsed with paramedics unable to revive him.

Aude Alaskar and his wife Yasmin. Credit: 7NEWS

“He was with another person, you can imagine the trauma for that other person,” Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant said.

That person was his wife of only a few months, aged care worker Yasmin.

A neighbour told 7NEWS she heard her “crying, shouting and howling”.

“After that there was really a commotion of police,” the neighbour said.

Aude Alaskar.
Aude Alaskar. Credit: Facebook

The couple tested positive for COVID-19 on July 21 and Yasmin is now in hospital.

Aude had not been vaccinated and it remains unclear whether his wife was.

A woman in her 80s also died in Royal Prince Alfred Hospital on Tuesday, bringing the death toll in the seven-week Sydney outbreak to 17.

Sydney man Aude Alaskar.
Sydney man Aude Alaskar. Credit: 7NEWS

Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the man’s death “demonstrates again how this disease is lethal, how it affects people of all ages”.

Health Minister Brad Hazzard said the tragedy should prompt people 18 and over to consult their GP or pharmacist about whether to get the AstraZeneca vaccine.

“Go and get it,” he said on Wednesday.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian speaks to the media during a press conference.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian speaks to the media during a press conference. Credit: JOEL CARRETT/AAPIMAGE

“Sadly we just heard one young person, in his 20s, has passed away which I think emphasises what we have been saying now for quite some time about two-thirds of all of our cases are currently under 40 years,” he added.

“It’s a very serious issue.”

There were 233 new cases reported in New South Wales on Wednesday morning.

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Swift Telecast is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.