LAS VEGAS (AP) — The United States’ men’s basketball exhibition game against Australia scheduled for Friday night in Las Vegas has been canceled because of protocols.
USA Basketball cited “an abundance of caution” in making the decision Thursday night. The U.S. women’s game against Australia will be played as scheduled Friday in Las Vegas.
The decision to cancel the game came hours after Washington Wizards star Bradley Beal was ruled out of the Olympics after being placed into health and safety protocols. The team also said Detroit Pistons forward Jerami Grant also was in health and safety protocols “out of an abundance of caution.”
The Americans are still scheduled to play Spain on Sunday before heading to Tokyo, with their opening game against France set for July 25.
The U.S. lost its opening two exhibition games to Nigeria and Australia and beat Argentina in the third Tuesday night.
- ☀ July 16: COVID-19 misinformation, the youngest person in space and ‘Space Jam’ released
- Police officers take care of dog found in hot car after owner shot to death
- Fully vaccinated Americans will be able to enter Canada by mid-August
- US-Australia basketball game canceled because of health and safety protocols
- Slain NJ mom may have been dead for days before abducted toddler son was found in Tennessee, court docs say