Shoppers at a Woolworths store in Melbourne’s north have been ordered to immediately get tested and self isolate for 14-days after a customer tested positive for COVID-19.
The store, which sits within Craigieburn Plaza Shopping Centre, isn’t the only supermarket on alert.
Those who attended Coles Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre during the exposure period must also get tested, but only isolate until a negative result is received.
It comes amid reports Melbourne is expected to enter a snap lockdown from midnight in an effort to contain the growing outbreak of the COVID-19 Delta variant in the state.
An announcement is expected to be made by Premier Daniel Andrews on Thursday afternoon.
It will be the fifth lockdown for Victoria since the start of the pandemic and the third in 2021.
Victoria recorded two new COVID-19 cases in addition to 10 locally acquired infections recorded in the 24 hours to Thursday morning, all of which were previously reported.
Weimar said there were 16 active COVID-19 cases connected to the two chains of transmission and more than 75 exposure sites.
Some 1500 primary close contacts and 5000 secondary contacts are self-isolating.
“This is probably the fastest response we have ever seen to an outbreak that’s moving more quickly than we have ever seen in Victoria, or I suspect anywhere else in Australia,” Weimar said.
Tier 1 exposure sites
The following venues are Tier 1 exposure sites. Anyone who attended at the listed times should seek testing and self-isolate for a full 14 days.
- NEW: Woolworths Craigieburn Plaza Shopping Centre, Craigieburn Road West & Hanson Rd, 12/07/2021 1:15pm – 2:15pm
- NEW: Edgewater Boulevard Pharmacy, 46 Edgewater Blvd, Maribyrnong, 09/07/2021 2:30pm – 3:40pm
- NEW: Sanctuary Lakes Hotel, 280 Point Cook Rd, Point Cook, 13/07/2021 12:00pm – 9:00pm
- NEW: Oakleigh Central Shopping Centre – Male Toilets, 39 Hanover Street, Oakleigh, 09/07/2021 2:40pm – 3:00pm
- NEW: Oakleigh Central Shopping Centre – Male Toilets, 39 Hanover Street, Oakleigh, 09/07/2021 3:55pm – 4:15pm
Tier 2 exposure sites
The following venues are Tier 2 exposure sites. Anyone who attended should seek testing and self-isolate until a negative result.
- NEW: Metro Train Sunbury Line (Flinders St Station to Footscray Station), 10/07/2021 7:33pm – 7:46pm
- NEW: Coles Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre, 300 Point Cook Road, Point Cook, 14/07/2021 11:30am – 12:30pm
Tier 3 exposure sites
The following venues are Tier 3 exposure sites. Anyone who attended should monitor for symptoms and seek testing if they present.
- NEW: Oakleigh Central Shopping Centre, 39 Hanover Street, 09/07/2021 3:55pm – 4:15pm, 09/07/2021 2:40pm – 3:00pm
For a full list of exposure sites visit the Department of Health website.
– with AAP