Victoria’s COVID-19 exposure sites expand to include Bundoora’s DFO Uni Hill and ALDI supermarket
A shopping centre in Melbourne’s northeast has been put on alert after Victoria recorded a number of additional local COVID-19 cases.
While just one locally acquired infection was recorded in the official figures on Wednesday, seven further cases were announced by COVID-19 Commander Jeroen Weimar mid-morning.
Four of the new cases are residents of the Ariele Apartments in Maribyrnong, which has been in lockdown since Monday night after a visit from infected removalists.
Among those cases is a man in his 60s, who subsequently infected his parents, aged 89 and 90 and who don’t live in the complex.
At least one other case has also been recorded, taking the total to nine cases on Wednesday.
The Department of Health continued to update the list of exposure sites across the day as contact tracers verified where positive cases had travelled.
DFO Uni Hill in Bundoora is among the latest venues to be identified as a tier-two exposure after a case visited last Friday between 4.40pm and 6.40pm.
Anyone who also attended should urgently get tested, then isolate until a negative result is received.
In a statement online, DFO Uni Hill advised the case had visited stores including Nike, Adidas, Asics, Puma, Cotton On and Connor during that period and encouraged fellow shoppers who also visited these stores to contact the Department of Health.
“Our priority continues to be the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, retailers, team members and broader community,” it said.
The new exposure site adds to a growing list, including several sites at Highpoint Shopping Centre in Maribyrnong.
Earlier on Wednesday Weimar had warned the next two days would be critical, telling reporters: “we are right on the heels of this particular outbreak.”
Tier 1 exposure sites
Anyone who has visited these locations must get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days from the exposure.
- NEW: Southern Cross Medical Imaging, 62A Manor House Drive, Epping, July 12, 9:45am – 10:35am
- NEW: Bizzler Take-Away Food, 337 Barry Road, Campbellfield, July 11, 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- NEW: Connor Clothing- DFO Uni Hill, 2 Janefield Drive, Bundoora, July 9, 5:30pm – 6:00pm
- Bras N Things Highpoint Shopping Centre, Maribyrnong, July 9, 11:15am – 11:30am
- Ariele Apartments, 7 Thomas Holmes St, Maribyrnong, July 13, 12:00am – 11:59pm
Tier 2 exposure sites
Anyone who has visited these locations should urgently get tested, then isolate until confirmation of a negative result.
- NEW: DFO Uni Hill, 2 Janefield Drive, Bundoora, July 9, 4:40pm – 6:40pm
- NEW: O’Herns Road/Dalton Road Medical Centre, 62A Manor House Drive, Epping, July 12, 9:45am – 10:35am
- NEW: ACL Collection Centre, 62A Manor House Drive, Epping, July 12, 9:45am – 10:35am
- NEW: Epping North Dental Clinic, 62A Manor House Drive, Epping, July 12, 9:45am – 10:35am
- ALDI Maribyrnong, 11 Edgewater Boulevard, July 11, 4:10pm – 5:00pm
For a full list of exposure sites visit the Department of Health website.