Bursting virtual carts are perks—and hazards—of every Vogue editor’s job. While scouring the best Black Friday sales happening this holiday weekend in search of the ultimate beauty deals and fashion discounts, we naturally uncover an item or two we covet ourselves. (It would be very Grinch-like indeed not to avail oneself of discounted cashmere.) But since the holiday season is all about giving, we’re also sharing exactly where to score the season’s must-have markdowns below.
With nearly every retailer offering truly tempting Black Friday deals, it’s difficult to decide where to start the scroll. To ease your entry into 2023 holiday shopping, we did the prep work for you—and asked our editors what they’re filling their carts with. Keep reading to discover how to shop the Black Friday sales like a Vogue editor way.
Clarissa Schmidt, commerce producer
I’ve been eyeing Hill House Home’s Olympia skirt the moment it dropped and I think I’m finally going to make my purchase next weekend. The lace trend isn’t going anywhere just yet, and what better material to don as you prepare for festive occasions this holiday season? I’ve also been running again and I’m planning to buy a few layering essentials for when it gets a bit chillier, such as this Smartwool tie-dye top.
Kiana Murden, beauty commerce writer
Cyber Week is the perfect time to stock up on winter wardrobe essentials. A cozy sweater like this one at J.Crew comes in handy year after year. On the home front, I think it’s finally time to buy a Dyson vacuum. What better time than when it’s on sale?
Kylee McGuigan, associate commerce producer
I’ve got my eye on all the accessories ahead of Cyber Week, and I’m hoping they all stay on sale (and in stock) so I can snag some up! I’ve been on the hunt for a flat shoe for some time now—considering I tend to gravitate toward a heel more often than not—and this pair from Gabriela Hearst is too chic; I love the color blocking and versatility of it being an all-year-round shoe. And, of course, no outfit is complete without a carryall bag to boot. This one from The Row is exactly what I need to add to my collection.
Julie Tong, commerce director
This Cyber Week, I’m always on the hunt for new wardrobe essentials. I have my eyes set on a new everyday crossbody, like A.P.C’s classic half-moon (on sale for under $300) and office-ready blazers, like this pinstriped version from Sandro.
Talia Abbas, senior shopping editor
I’m not one to impulse shop and have been lusting after these Sophie Bille Brahe earrings for months. A friend DM’d me the link as soon as she saw them on sale. I think it’s a sign to finally commit! Blue Bottle coffee is also my favorite, and they are offering 25% off sitewide for the holiday weekend. This sampler trio is perfect for gifting.
Irene Kim, production and editorial coordinator
Réalisation Par makes some of my favorite dresses to wear to weddings, parties, and vacations so I’ll be shopping for some more silk pieces on Cyber Monday. They’re so easy to wear as you just need to throw one on and just wear a cute little heel! I’ve also been wearing my Artizia Slouch coat almost daily for a month now as it’s just so cozy to throw on in the morning especially when I’m going to my 7 a.m, hot yoga class, and I’ll maybe invest in another color so I can mix up my color palette a bit.
Taylor Lashley, social media manager
This Cyber Week I’m on the hunt for elevated but versatile basics and accessories. I’m in my belt era so this one from Khaite is the next piece that I’d like to add to my collection if I see it marked down.
Plus, More Black Friday Sales Happening Now:
- Saks Fifth Avenue: The legendary retailer kicks off the holiday weekend early with up to 50% off on clothing, handbags, jewelry, makeup. Thank you, Saks Fifth Avenue Black Friday sale!
- Nordstrom: Save the date for the Nordstrom Black Friday sale, as the retailer plans to slash prices on clothing, jewelry, accessories, beauty products, home goods, and more up to 50% off. In the meantime, peep early discounts on Kiehl’s eye cream, shearling-lined Cole Haan hiking boots, and more.
- Matches: Black Friday is on! And Matches is offering up to 50% off thousands of items, from a sequined minidress from Ashish to straight-leg trousers from Wandler, and—for the animal-lover on your gift list—elephantine phone cases from Loewe.
- Ssense: The Ssense Black Friday sale is finally here, with both men and womenswear collections up to 50% off.
- Mytheresa: Find previous-season steals up to 50% off. The virtual sale section is currently stocked with a strawberry-hued minidress from Alex Perry, a large leather tote from The Row, and more.
- Net-a-Porter: The Net-a-Porter Black Friday sale, with up to 50% off clothing and accessories from the likes of Self-Portrait, Alessandra Rich, Marni, and more.
- Shopbop: Rejoice: Shopbop’s Black Friday Sale comes early this year. Starting on Monday, November 20, shoes, clothing, and beauty products from the likes of Loeffler Randall, Tory Burch, and Augustinus Bader are available at a steal.
- Mango: Mango’s offering is sweeter than its namesake fruit: The Pre-Black Friday Sale takes up to 50% off a ton of fall and winter essentials—no promo code required.
- Tory Burch: During the Holiday Event, shoppers get the gift of 30% off when they spend $250 or more. Shop ready-to-wear, accessories, handbags, shoes, and sport, and get ready to save: The discount is automatically applied at checkout.
- Khaite: Last year, sought-after Khaite items like hobo bags and knitwear were officially on sale. Keep your eyes out for details on this year’s deals, while we manifest discounts on sweater dresses and stretch-jersey bodysuits.
- Everlane: The direct-to-consumer clothing company is giving the people what they want for Black Friday, taking up to 50% off wardrobe staples for men and women.
- Alo Yoga: The early bird gets the deals on yoga gear this year: Alo is starting its Black Friday sale one day early, taking 30% off sitewide and up to 70% off its sale selection.
- Bandier: Arrive at any workout in style (and with savings.) Right now, the brand is offering freshly cut prices on tops, bottoms, bras, and sneakers.
- LuisaViaRoma: Similar to last year, shoppers can enjoy a special 40% off on full-priced items with the code BF40. Save space on your wish list for items from labels like Gucci and Saint Laurent.
- Bergdorf Goodman: The Designer Sale takes 40% off offerings from Alexander McQueen, Balmain, Veronica Beard, and more.
- Neiman Marcus: The most wonderful time of the year brings rarely found deals on shoes, gifts, handbags, and more. Get in the deal-hunting spirit by browsing The Designer Sale, which takes up to 50% off quilted flats from Tory Burch, embellished sweaters from Cinq a Sept, and more.
- Moda Operandi: Right now, the site is offering up to 75% off covetable pieces. Imagine hitting the holiday-party circuit in flared leather trousers from Ludovic De Saint Sernin and sequined maxi dresses by Aya Muse.
- 24S: There’s no need to wait to score major deals on top designers. Right now, enjoy 30% off with the code BLACKFRIDAY30.